Friday, December 9, 2011

Our Lady, the Immaculata, Light of purity in Advent

JMJT! Praise be Jesus Christ! Now and Forever!

The Feast of the Immaculate Conception was celebrated yeterday, a perfect time to reflect on our own purity of heart and where we have placed our treasures. Are the desires of our hearts gazing heaven-ward or are they earthbound? Are we carving out time to dwell in the silence of the All or have we added on unnecessary activities that are preventing our spirits from soaking in the purity of Our Lord within? Blessed Mother shows us the way, as in her immaculate being of mind, body, soul, and spirit she was completely enveloped in the presence of Her Son, while He was housed within the perfectly pure and peaceful abode of her womb. We need to go in there. We need to follow Her ways and then entrust ourselves to her as Our Mother within Her womb. This is the safest place for us as Her children. This is where the Babe resided for 9 months and can teach us His secrets and lessons, and as Our Mother, she can gently nourish and protect us in prayer and in our daily lives throughout this busy season of Advent.

Let us place ourselves in Her womb and commend ourselves to the Holy Family. St. Joseph, Our Lady, and Jesus Himself were preparing for His coming during the last weeks prior to His birth. They were on a journey for the mandated census, and were not sure of what they would find. They placed all of their trust in the Divine Providence of God. So must we, as we seek to come closer to the crib in simplicity and with open hearts. Come, Lord Jesus, Come!

I live my Advent in the womb of Mary
And on one night when a great star swings free
From its high mooring and walks down the sky
To be the dot above the Christus i,
I shall be born of her by blessed grace.
I wait in Mary-darkness, faith's walled place,
With hope's expectance of nativity.
I knew for long she carried me and fed me,
Guarded and loved me, though I could not see,
But only now, with inward jubilee,
I come upon earth's most amazing knowledge:
Someone is hidden in this dark with me.